Monday, April 12, 2010

My Anti-Katie Couric rant

So back in December 2009 I wrote a rather long-ish rant about a bunch of various things, and in there somewhere I mentioned that I needed to write my Anti-Katie Couric rant.  So here goes ...

A few years ago I was listening to the radio, minding my own business, when Katie Couric really, REALLY pissed me off.

OK, to back up just a couple of minutes for some perspective ...

Ms. Couric had (maybe she still has) these little cutesy one to two minute op-ed-type news bits about some current event or other.  On this occasion she began to talk all about Lindsay Lohan and her troubles (don't ask me about the website to which I just linked; it was the first one that popped up on my Yahoo search page for this chick).  Katie talked all about how much trouble it is to be young and such a big star, that her parents were not good role models, that she had some drinking and drug and other problems, blah blah blah.  On she went.  At the end of her waste-of-my-time spiel, she went into an entire "Please leave her alone and don't judge her because she didn't want to end up like this and she doesn't have good role models so please leave her alone blah blah blah."

What were my thoughts during this ridiculousness?  I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT THIS CHICK, BUT BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU I HAVE TO, YOU GODDAMNED IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!  The only reason that I even know that Lindsay Lohan exists or who Jon and Kate are or what the latest American Idol gossip is or who the next goddamned Bachelor is is because in order that I hear some relevant news (like ... um ... important things) I have to slog through so much of this "entertainment" gossip crap that I really want to vomit.  But to hear about the legitimate things that are happening in our country and around the world, I have to endure this trash over and over.  I really don't give a rat's ass who won which pop music award or which so-called celebrity was banging which other so-called celebrity.  But to hear the good stuff, I have to hear the crap too.  Is that my fault?  No, Katie Couric, it is YOUR goddamned fault, you jackass!!!!!

So to this day I cringe when I hear her name, because I think of how absolutely flawed her reasoning is, and she was chosen to be a news pundit, to deliver relevant news by a major network, and she just doesn't have a freakin' clue.

A long time ago I honestly thought that Katie Couric was kind of cute.  Now I think she is one of the most irritating people out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment